qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Remove bash-ism from configure

From: Krister Joas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Remove bash-ism from configure
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:25:11 +0900

On Feb 12, 2007, at 6:17 PM, Jernej Simončič wrote:

On Monday, February 12, 2007, 9:55:25, Krister Joas wrote:

You should take a look at that executable.  On most systems I know, /
usr/bin/which is a csh script.  It has to be because it also finds
aliases.  It may or may not be portable to use 'which', I'm not
really sure, but it's not very efficient.

On my Linux boxes, which is either a sh script (on Debian), or a (compiled) program (on Gentoo and Slackware). On my firewall (based on FreeBSD), which
is also a program (and also a /bin/sh builtin).

I stand corrected. NetBSD seems to have removed it completely and instead relies on shell built-in commands. On OpenBSD it's also a binary. My references were Solaris and Mac OS X, where it's unfortunately still a csh script.

Krister