qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vl.c

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vl.c
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:38:30 +0000

On Saturday 27 January 2007 18:22, Stefan Weil wrote:
> Paul Brook schrieb:
> > Log message:
> >     Accept --foo as an alias for -foo.
>
> Great. Most command line programs use --foo for
> long parameters. Will this be the new standard
> for QEMU, so documentation should be changed?
> I'd appreciate that.

I've no particularly strong preference. My main motivation was to make --help
work :-)

Th normal convention is for long option to use -- and single letter options to
use -, with -foo being equivalent to -f -o -o. Obviously this would break
backwards compatibility, so I'm not sure we want to go that far.

Paul