qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] strange crash on FreeBSD-current/amd64 (pointer truncation?

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] strange crash on FreeBSD-current/amd64 (pointer truncation?)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:00:19 +0100

Hi!

 I got a report of qemu segfaulting here on FreeBSD-current/amd64:

> #0  main_loop () at
> /usr/ports-cvs/emulators/qemu/work/qemu-snapshot-2007-01-11_05/vl.c:6125
> 6125                    env = env->next_cpu;
> [New Thread 0x801e10190 (LWP 100214)]
> (gdb) print env
> $1 = (CPUX86State *) 0xac10000
> (gdb) print first_cpu
> $2 = (CPUX86State *) 0x80ac10000

 This works on earlier FreeBSD branches, and the build logs,

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-7-latest-logs/qemu-0.8.2s.20070111.log

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-6-latest-logs/qemu-0.8.2s.20070111.log
(7 is the -current branch and 6 is the branch that the latest release,
6.2, was branched off) show no differences in compiler warnings, so
I'm a bit at a loss where to look for the problem.  So the qeustion is:
Has anyone seen something like this or has a helpful idea?

 Thanx,
        Juergen