qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question/problems with Qemu and 64Bit Opensuse 10.2

From: Werner Dittmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question/problems with Qemu and 64Bit Opensuse 10.2
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 09:24:44 +0100

When Qemu seems to loop I switched to monitor mode "stop" the emulator
and gathered the output of some "info" operations. The "info registers"
show that registers contain the "strange" values, for example:

RBX=ffffffff80523028
RSP=ffffffff80522dc0
RIP=ffffffff8025e67c

Is it normal that e.g. the instruction pointer (RIP) can have such a
value? Any clue where to look why this loop happens?

Just as a side note: trying to print registers using "p /x $r15" this
show the content of R15, but using "p /x $rip" or "p /x $rbx" gives an
"unknown register" error message.

Regards,
Werner