qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] patch for supporting SMB on Solaris host

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] patch for supporting SMB on Solaris host
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:06:24 -0500

---- Paul Brook <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Friday 22 December 2006 21:29, Paul Brook wrote:
> > On Friday 22 December 2006 20:07, Ben Taylor wrote:
> > > Seeing as there is some working going on in the Solaris QEMU port again,
> > > here's a real short patch to support Samba working on a Solaris Host.
> > > +#ifdef __sun__
> > > +    snprintf(smb_cmdline, sizeof(smb_cmdline), "/bin/env LC_ALL=C
> > > /usr/sfw/sbin/smbd -s %s",
> > > +             smb_conf);
> > > +#else
> >
> > Why does this have anything to do with solaris?
>
> Sorry, I was unclear. The /usr/swf bif is obviously a Solaris hack, and I
> think this is a bad way of implementing this.

Well, I suppose I can write a configure hack to replace to definte the smbd
binary, which will take about 30 seconds, hoping you'll find that more
digestable.

> I don't see why the  /bin/env LC_ALL bits have anything to do with Solaris.

Let me inject a little humor.  I'm american and speak only one language. The
guy who did the patch is in germany and did it for a reason, though he never
explained to me.

In meantime, I will resubmit the patch without the /bin/env LC_ALL bits,
hopefully
to your liking and if it breaks on Solaris for some other reason, I'll be able
argue with you why it needs to be there.