qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu speed vs vmplayer?

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu speed vs vmplayer?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:48:18 +0100

On 12/15/06, Paul Brook <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've got a copy of today's CVS,

You missed my point entirely. kqemu is a closed source module, there's
absolutely nothing we can do with it.

well, we can use kqemu at least, right? :)

interesting benchmark: I started removing most of the graphics code
(which I originally believed was slowing down qemu a lot) and started
running through ssh on windows host + tap-win32 patch.

Using kqemu, I see no improvement in calculations, meaning the
graphical part (sdl) is not the main blocking point. Next on my
list of trials is the disk/io (we did some pthread experiment in the
past, I think we can get some more bandwith here).

one last point: last time I used qvm86 for windows host, it did
not give good results. Hanged OS, several reboots, qemu
hanging forever. And back then I was using up to date qvm86
cvs. Is qvm86 still active ? If yes (for windows host), I'll try to
do newer benchmarks.

--
Christian