qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: RE : Re: Re: NBD server for QEMU images

From: Salvador Fandino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: RE : Re: Re: NBD server for QEMU images
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:00:37 +0100

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
>>> mount -o loop does this.
>> How is everybody missing the point? :-)  mount -o loop doesn't mount
>> qcow images.
>>
> Would be that difficult to write a qcow fs module ?

well, it would mean adapting the qemu disk image handling code to run in
kernel mode (or just reimplementing the required functionality), and
wrapping it inside a block device driver similar to 'loop'.

My solution is much simpler because it's just a small adapter (600 lines
of C) that links with the unmodified qemu source and it runs in user space.

Cheers,

 - Salva