qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Bus number and address changes after usb_add?

From: Yu, Xiaoyang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Bus number and address changes after usb_add?
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:20:15 +0800

After add a USB device by “usb_add”, I can view it by “info usb”. It shows the bus number and address.

As shown in vl.c, it seems that usb_info() is called when issue “info usb”, and usb_device_add() is called when issue “usb_add”.

But if I add call to usb_info() in the end of usb_device_add(), it always show the bus number and address as “0.0”, which can be different from the output of “info usb”.

So it seems like the bus number and address of a USB device changed some time after “usb_add”. Does anyone know why it changes? Thanks in advance!

Thanks
Xiaoyang