qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc question?

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc question?
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 00:38:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Ben Taylor wrote:

> > >This soooo reminds me of Java.
> >
> > Except that Java VM is not suitable target for all classes of programming
> > languages, like C.
>
> I wondered if you could use the host's native java as an extension inside
> the qemu host to improve java runtime performance in the qemu guest.
>
> But that sounds way to convoluted to work. :-)

I doubt it. For one, if you use a GUI, the host's VM just cannot access
the client's graphics, and in many cases would be unprepared to do so,
too: a Linux VM wants to talk to X11, while a Windows VM wants to talk to
the Windows equivalent.

However, you could just redirect the DISPLAY if your host _and_ guest have
X11-targeted Javas. But then, why would you need to start QEmu at all?

Ciao,
Dscho