qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Regression: QEMU 0.8.2 (and CVS) fails to boot a debian arm

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Regression: QEMU 0.8.2 (and CVS) fails to boot a debian arm
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:14:44 +0200

Hi,

I have setup a debian arm (unstable) under QEMU, until now using version 0.8.1 and a root on NFS.

I wanted to use the new SCSI card emulation introduced in QEMU 0.8.2, but it fails to boot (still with root on NFS). It freeze, the last message being:

INIT: version 2.86 booting

There is the same problem with QEMU CVS. Note that using root=/bin/sh works well using root on NFS and even using the emulated SCSI drive.

I can provide some more details if needed, just ask. Or please tell me how to debug that.

FYI, on an Athlon 64 @2.2 GHz, qemu-system-arm is faster than my NSLU2, and it has a lot more ram. That rocks!

Bye,
Aurelien

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden