qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is there a way to install Minix 2.0.4 on my own image f

From: Neo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is there a way to install Minix 2.0.4 on my own image file?
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:48:22 -0500

Vincent Palatin wrote:
But for minix 2.0.4, I cannot map the
USR.MNX to the fda while the ROOT.MNX is mapped to it.

You can change the floppy disk image later during the boot process by using
qemu monitor.

* enter qemu monitor (probably Ctrl-Alt-1)
* change the floppy using the following command :
    change fda USR.MNX

Thanks. I finally installed Minix 2.0.4 on Qemu. I put the detailed steps in http://neojia.livejournal.com/.

Neo

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!