qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] AXP guest?

From: Brian Wheeler
Subject: [Qemu-devel] AXP guest?
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:39:26 -0400

Has anyone looked at doing an Alpha guest?  The instruction set seems
fairly straightforward and the machine as a whole seems to be an alpha
chip + pci, which shouldn't be all that different from the x86 machine
setup, from a full system point of view.

I've been looking through the qemu documentation and I'm not even sure
where one would begin to add this.  My C is pretty rusty, but I'd start
giving it a shot if someone could give me some pointers on how to get
started.  At the very least I could contribute some grudge work writing
op routines...

[I'm curious to know if a qemu-axp on my athlon 64 3200+ would outpace
my alpha 1000a/233!  I suspect it would give it a run for its money.]

Brian