qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] future OS X support

From: Mike Kronenberg
Subject: [Qemu-devel] future OS X support
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:07:33 +0200

@Fabrice
How are your plans about supporting OS X in the future?

We, for our part, are eager to push dev on OS X:
- with the patches of Gwenole and pbrook, qemu 0.8.2 builds great on OS X ppc and intel (gcc4). All tests are OK. - I'm willing to rewrite my OS X block.c patches for hardware CD-ROM support. - I've just written a complete new cocoa frontend based on Anthony shmem patches (quartz and openGL). (only problem is the 4mb limit on OS X atm) - There are some other small patches like basic bootorder support that are ready, too.

As qemu was one of the first usable emulators on OS X, it is still widely used and known.
Things even look like we get included on the C'T disk next month

Mike