qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Accelerator feature

From: Mark Williamson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Accelerator feature
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:01:27 +0100

> Well, have you donated? :)

Is there a way to donate?  Couldn't find anything on the main site.

> Personally, I'd be willing to pay Fabrice for the Accelerator if it
> were open source.  But I don't pay for closed source software unless
> it's unavoidable.  But each is entitled to make their own decision,
> and that's best.

I'd donate money to the cause of opening the accelerator code: for instance,
I'd pay towards a target "bounty" for the opening of the code.  I imagine
others would too.

It is of course up to Fabrice whether he wants to do this: stable funding from
a distributor would obviously be much better and enable him to do more work
on QEmu in the future.  I'm just pointing out there are other options open to
him if he wished to take them ;-)

Cheers,
Mark