qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] fix for qemu-* looping forever on symlinks (patch attac

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] fix for qemu-* looping forever on symlinks (patch attached)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:30:00 +0100

On Friday 14 July 2006 03:31, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> please review the attached patch (to linux-user/path.c), which i
> believe fixes the problem of qemu looping forever on symlinks when
> using -L.  it is undesirable (i believe) for the -L option to search
> all subdirectories.  this is in reference to debian bug #297572
> (bugs.debian.org/297572).

Have you tried running dynamically linked executables with your patch?

The whole point of the -L option is so that it picks up target shared
libraries, eg. in lib and usr/lib. By my reading your patch makes the -L
option do absolutely nothing, which can't be right.

The proper fix is to do the lookups when a file is accesses (possibly with
caching) not pre-scan the whole tree.

Paul