qemu-devel

Re: wxWidgets and C: was Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GUI

From: Linas Žvirblis
Subject: Re: wxWidgets and C: was Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GUI
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:17:04 +0300

Jason Gress wrote:

> I know this is a lot different than the discussion so far, but has anyone
> considered keeping SDL and using an SDL GUI similar to ZSNES?

I did not check the source code, but it looks just like any other
self-made bitmap-based SDL menu I have seen. It is like inventing yet
another GUI toolkit.

I am new around here, so I am a bit confused. What is this GUI all
about? Is it about (a) replacing SDL with something else for drawing the
contents of the window, or (b) providing GUI for configuring virtual
machine options, just like numerous front-ends already do?

I assume this is (a), as it is beyond me why would anyone want to do
(b), when there already are front-ends for Windows, KDE, GTK+, Java,
MacOS, etc.