qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 'monitor' and 'mwait' instruction

From: Joachim Henke
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 'monitor' and 'mwait' instruction
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 15:03:18 +0200

Ok, I forgot about external kernel modules or patches, as I don't use any. But in plain Linux 2.6.17 mwait is only used in the function mwait_idle()

R. Armiento wrote:
But I just don't see how you can postulate that mwait is not used anywhere else in the Linux kernel? There are many kernel modules; some being closed source. And if an mwait lurks somewhere in your kernel, you might get a really obscure breakage that will be a pain to debug...

--
Joachim Henke
http://he-jo.net/