qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] patch for handling multiple configurations on usb host devi

From: Lonnie Mendez
Subject: [Qemu-devel] patch for handling multiple configurations on usb host devices
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 21:41:19 -0500

   lo list.  I've made an attempt to add support for devices with
multiple configurations (and interfaces), but do not own a device to
test it on.  If someone with such a device could test this it would be
very helpful.  The patch is against CVS - the other limitations still
hold true such as no devices that use isochronous endpoints (most
webcams).  I'm only interested in reports from those whose device does
not currently work with qemu.

If you have tried your usb device in the past and received:

usb_host: only one interface supported

then this patch will also be useful for you to test.  You can find out
if the device has this property from the device entry in lsusb -vv:

bNumConfigurations      N

or from the entry in /proc/bus/usb/devices:

D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  N

where N is a number greater than 1.

   Please reply with the debug output from the terminal used to launch
qemu and any notes you may have about the test.  Thank you.