qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Make -std-vga the default?

From: Julian Seward
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Make -std-vga the default?
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 02:21:34 +0100

I've been using -std-vga for a couple of weeks now, and it works well
at least for the guests I've been using (Win2K/XP, Red Hat 9, SuSE 10.1).

Overall it seems to work much better than the default 5446 simulation
and it seems to me that non-developer users, who are presumably the larger
fraction of the user base, would benefit from having -std-vga as the
default.  The "it just works" property is important for new users, and
-std-vga has more of that than the 5446 just at the moment.