qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VMware Player

From: Kevin F. Quinn
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VMware Player
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:21:46 +0200

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:17:09 -0500
John Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 09:18, Joe Lee wrote:
>
> > I appreciate the effort that some are making to develop a GUI for
> > QEMU - There's a few project I see that trying to achieve this.
> > But, I wish they all could come together and work together to
> > develop a nice GUI. I would like to see a sub-project exist in the
> > QEMU site so all can come and contribute to that effort.
>
> Geez, why not ask for world peace while you are at it.  One GUI?  So
> which toolkit?  Pick Gtk and watch the K folk whine.  Ok, so KDE it
> is. Oops, now the Gnomes are all over ya.  And of course since I
> suspect a non-trivial percentage of QEMU users are on Windows,
> Solaris, etc. they ain't gonna like either of those choices much.

WxWidgets (www.wxwidgets.org) provides a nice way out of this - provides
a uniform API for the application developer, and local look-and-feel for
each platform.  WxWidgets can sit on gtk, motif, x11, win32, mac, cocoa
(doesn't appear to be a qt backend yet, but no reason there couldn't
be).

--
Kevin F. Quinn