qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Support Questions

From: Mike Kronenberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Support Questions
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:34:31 +0200

On 13.06.2006, at 16:37, Joe Lee wrote:

I came across a product called Iemulator and think it based on QEMU. If so, I wanted to know how possible is it to re-brand qemu to something similar to Iemulator.

IEmulator (as of the 1.7.x series) is a rebrand of a early stage project Q Build (http://www.kju-app.org/proj/) which is based on QEMU itself. Q has different graphic output and some frontend extensions compared to QEMU. We tried to port the natural virtualization modul qvm86 to OS X, too. But as QEMU has moved on, we have put a hold on that. So QEMU on OS X (ppc and intel) remains a simulation.

Mike

Also, I am quite new to QEMU and virtualization in general and wanted to know the difference between QEMU and product like OpenVZ. Based on my reading on them I think they are quite different. I suppose QEMU is more like VMware aimed at end users and OpenVZ would be more for Enterprise servers.

Joe

Natalia Portillo wrote:
Well,

Fabrice Bellard is main developer, and KQEMU whole developer.
Paul Brook maintains ARM system, and QVM86 whole developer.
Jocelyn Mayer (away) maintains PPC system.
Blue Swirl maintains Sparc system.
A couple of collaborators do development taks.
I maintain the OS compatibility list and do extensive operating system compatibility testing.

Just, for what you want that information?