qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu (linux) and keymaps

From: Harrison Metzger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu (linux) and keymaps
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:37:50 -0500

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right place to report a possible bug. I'm
running Gentoo Linux with qemu 0.8.0 without kqemu. I use a dvorak keyboard
by having this line in my xorg.conf file:
                Option          "XkbLayout" "dvorak"
My x11 server is xorg 6.8.2-r7.
My bug is when I try to toggle fullscreen with the ctrl+alt+f shortcut nothing
happens. So I tried ctrl+alt+u (because on dvorak u is where the f is) and it
worked. So it appears as if qemu is using raw scancodes instead or keys. I
looked at the man page (after googling a bit) and it says I should not have
to use the language (-k) option since I have PC linux. But even if I did
there is no dvorak keymap available. This bug is minor because it took 15
seconds to figure out to hit ctrl+alt+u and because there are not that many
users of the dvorak keyboard. But it would be nice to have a dvorak keymap
just for the sake of completion on your wonderful project.