qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] New usb tablet and numlock

From: Chris Bagwell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] New usb tablet and numlock
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:02:41 -0500

Hi all,

I'm enjoying the new usb tablet device under windows 98. When the "grabless" mode is enabled, I notice that the numlock keys can get out of sync. Anyone else seeing this?

For instance, if I have numlock enabled and then start qemu with tablet support, my win98 thinks numlock is off when I move the mouse into the window (even though numlock LED is on). I have to toggle numlock off (LED off) to get the win98 host to think numlock is on.

Unrelated, I also have a general USB issue which makes me almost not use it. If I run qemu without -usb option then an idle win98 guest with linux host puts a load of about 5% on my 800Mhz processor. When I run with -usb the idle is 60% minimum. Anyone have some suggestions of were code could be optimized for idle periods?

Thanks for th great program!
Chris