qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Grabless pointer

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Grabless pointer
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 01:00:33 +0300 (MSK)

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Brad Campbell wrote:

I wrote a userspace touchscreen driver years ago that worked on win95-> and would probably still work on the latest and greatest.. it was actually a userspace application that talked to the touchscreen over rs232.. I could probably modify that to work here..

I'm gathering that if I read from 0xbad I'm going to get the absolute mouse position and by writing to 0xbad I can turn the sdl cursor on or off..

Reading part is correct, writing part is not, code is simple and can
explain things better than words.

What happens with mouse clicks? do they still come over the ps2 interface?
To make this work with what I have in mind we'd have to disable the ps2 position updates to the guest when the mouse app starts on the client and use the read port to give position updates. We would still pass the clicks through the ps2 interface however.

Everything still goes over the ps2 interface, but relative coordinates are
just ignored.

--
mailto:address@hidden