qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu debian etch

From: De Leeuw Guy
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu debian etch
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:08:58 +0100

Hello all,

I'm new with qemu.
I install qemu and kqemu by download and compile the sources
qemu-0.8.0 and kqemu-0.7.2 on a debian testing
I try to install windows xp pro upgrade version (official) , the boot
start and after different stages
windows ask me to change the cdrom and put a valid version of windows
(aka xp home, winme, ect...)
I upgrade from my official xp home
I switch to the qemu console (ctrl-alt-shift-2) and I run these commands :
eject cdrom (and I change the media xp pro by my xp home)
change cdrom /dev/cdrom
ctrl-alt-shift-1
enter
and the install xp tools go back to the same message (the cdrom led
still inactive)
How can I force the change of the cdrom for xp ?

I test this couple of media on a pc test and the install work.

I try to copy via dd the two cdrom on my harddrive and launch qemu with
the two images, but same: not working

When I trie to install a full version of windows xp pro, ok work fine.

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance
Guy