qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: new pcnet patch ?

From: Iain McFarlane
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: new pcnet patch ?
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:00:09 +0000

Hi,

I have tried using the pcnet32 patch with qemu cvs however the qemu instance
running debian testing (etch) never seems to process ARP replies.  Using the
ne2k-pci adaptor I have no problems.

I am using vde & vdeq and I have logged the traffic using ethereal and the
qemu instance constantly asks for the hw address of a specific server (used
for NIS).

It has the hw address of the dhcp server I use in its arp cache but not
anything else.

If I add the hw address for the NIS server into the arp cache manually then it
can ping the server however the server does'nt know where the qemu instance
is.

Any comments?

Regards,

Iain