qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] What does qemu really emulate?

From: Juergen Pfennig
Subject: [Qemu-devel] What does qemu really emulate?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:55:56 +0100

Hi,
I am still trying to make my card reader work. I even found a long cable
and a RS232 diagnostics box. In my current serial.c/vl.c version I correctly
handle DSR and DTR. I can demonstrate this nicely with Linux+gtkterm
and Windows XP and Hyperterm. Before I add more features please help
me with the follwing problem:

the about page says: QEMU emulates a full system (for example a PC)

In a PC system the OUT2 bit of the MSR enables the forewarding of
interrupts to the PIC. So I currently changed the serial.c implementation
from

    if (s->iir != UART_IIR_NO_INT) {
        s->set_irq(s->irq_opaque, s->irq, 1);
    } else {
        s->set_irq(s->irq_opaque, s->irq, 0);
    }

    if (s->iir != UART_IIR_NO_INT && (s->mcr & 8)) {
        s->set_irq(s->irq_opaque, s->irq, 1);
    } else {
        s->set_irq(s->irq_opaque, s->irq, 0);
    }

Windows 2003 is paranoid enough to set also OUT1 (although my
hardware bible says that this one is not connected).

Is my code OK? Who knows better?
Yours J├╝rgen