qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Internet access from qemu

From: Dave Feustel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Internet access from qemu
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:42:55 -0500

On Monday 14 November 2005 15:19, Paul Brook wrote:
> On Monday 14 November 2005 18:44, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > start qemu 6.1,
>
> That's your first mistake.

That was not a mistake; that was (and still is) a start
until I can upgrade to OpenBSD 3.8 and its relatively
current version of qemu. I have started porting open
source software directly to my computer to get around
the 6-month upgrade cycle of OpenBSD. Some projects
KDE especially, are just too big for me to tackle. But
Qemu and QT are well within my capabilities. I expect
to get real busy with qemu since I have a long, long, *long*
held interest in simulators. Qemu is going to be a big
part of my life since it will make easy trying out on OpenBSD
all those Linux distros that come with each issue of Linux Format, etc.
I may even come up with some interesting enhancements
to qemu. We'll see in time.

> You're unlikely to get any particularly helpful
> answers if you're still using such an old version of qemu.  There have been
> an awful lot of bugs fixed since 0.6.1

Glad to hear it! I really want to upgrade, I just can't right now.

Dave

--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,