qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: VMWare player

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: VMWare player
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:34:35 +0100

Regarding performances of vmware player vs kqemu/qemu (I'm not
being critical about the figures here, just stating what I measured)...

using a slax-live cdrom, I managed to compile linux-2.6.14 in less
than 3 minutes, when it takes more than 6 minutes with
kqemu/qemu-0.7.2, and around 20 minutes without kqemu.
The test was made using vmdk image format.

But vmware player setup file is over 25Mb compressed, when
kqemu/qemu is less than 2Mb uncompressed :)

Christian