qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio cd's in guest OS

From: Lars Roland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio cd's in guest OS
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:08:39 +0100

On 11/4/05, Mike Swanson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've found on systems where traditional rippers don't work (eg,
> cdparanoia), CDFS has a greater chance of ripping the CDs (by default
> into WAV, but you can enable an option to rip it in the pure CDDA
> format if you want).

Thanks - I should have known that someone had made a file system for
this. However I still think it would be great to be able to pass the
actual /dev/cdrom on to the guest OS, but I must admit that I have not
grasped the complexity yet on doing this, so I am going to do some
Qemu code reading before continuing - I am not even sure if it can be
done in VMWare although I  seam to remember that Windows as a host OS
running VMWare allows the guest access to a audio cdrom.

Regards

Lars Roland