qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU+FREEDOS+SHARED FOLDER

From: Andreas Bollhalder
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU+FREEDOS+SHARED FOLDER
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:33:08 +0200

Hi

I have a Windows XP Professional machine, running QEMU with a FreeDOS
image. I'm able to access a shared folder on my host machine using the
Microsoft Client for DOS. This works when bridging the LAN-Adapter with
a TAP-Interface or using Internet Connection Sharing. I tested TCP/IP
and NetBEUI.

I don't know, if this is doable under Windows 2000 Server.

You could start with a network boot disk from Barts web site:

  http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/

You need a QEMU version with the TAP-Patch included

  http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/

and the TAP-Interface from the OpenVPN project.

  http://openvpn.net/

Saludos y muchos suertes

Andreas