qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] tun/tap networking: patch for existing tun

From: Matteo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] tun/tap networking: patch for existing tun
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:23:26 +0200

Le lundi 03 octobre 2005 à 20:29 +0200, Fabrice Bellard a écrit :
> Another point is that I am very tempted to integrate a feature to
> connect several qemu without needing an external program such as VDE. I
> am thinking of it because it would be relatively easy to add to the
> existing user-net code (user-net already simulates a kind of LAN).

That would be a very good idea. I've always thought of installing vde or
any other application to make a network of VMs painfull. Moreover you
then need to configure each host, write scripts... The integration to
the existing user net would be great for most of the cases. Non trivial
ones will maybe need the fine tuning tun/tap devices allow, but I think
most users want simplicity

Mattéo