qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu and AFS filesystem bugs?

From: Mike Swanson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu and AFS filesystem bugs?
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:39:04 -0700

On 9/15/05, Troy Benjegerdes <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have had similiar problems with and without kqemu. Initially, I
> thought kqemu was causing the problem.
>
> What exactly does the win2k install hack do anyway? Does it change the
> disk emulation somehow?

There have been reports of problems with Windows 2000 thinking the
disk is full during installation. The hack modified the behaviour of
IDE emulation to workaround it for the time being. After Windows 2000
is installed, it's recommended that you do not use the option, as it
slows emulation speed down a lot, and Win2k is fine after installation
anyway.

--
Mike