qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU 0.7.2

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU 0.7.2
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:47:12 -0500

Mike Swanson wrote:

I'm just wondering... is it any trouble to draw QEMU using Xlib?

I'd prefer that over any conventional toolkit. There are many
instances where I'm not running any GTK or QT applications on my
desktop, and I'd appreaciate it if I didn't have load either of them
only to run QEMU. >_>
Using a toolkit's widgets doesn't mean you have to load anything. You can happily run a GTK app under blackbox or what have you. It's just a higher level API to Xlibs (which are a royal PITA to code to).

Now, if we were linking to the gnome libs it would be another story...

Regards,

Anthony Liguori