qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Why, Fabrice? (CORRECTION: adlib emulation NOT compiled

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Why, Fabrice? (CORRECTION: adlib emulation NOT compiled in the default binary?)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 01:01:51 +0400 (MSD)

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Lionel Ulmer wrote:

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 03:32:52PM -0400, Jim C. Brown wrote:
Wasn't there an issue with adlib emulation that caused problems with Windows
guests? (I know that malc_'s recent audio patches fix the problem, but I don't
know if they've been committed to CVS yet or not.)

As far as I can remember, it was due to some licensing issue. The Adlib code
floating around (that you can find in projects like Mame) is of a strange
license that is not compliant with the one of QEMU.

I may be wrong though :)

You are wrong. fmopl.c that is used in QEMU is LGPLed it is disabled by
default because it uses floating point unit and Fabrice has objections.
There is however patch to use ymf262 from MAME, that you have to apply
manually, but that's beside the point.

--
mailto:address@hidden