qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch Submission] QEMU with GCC/Win32

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch Submission] QEMU with GCC/Win32
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:16:28 +0200

Hi!

Steve D. Perkins wrote:

Paul Brook wrote:

Are you sure you included the correct patch?

I don't see anything win32 specific about this patch. AFAICS it's just the gcc4 patch *that I wrote* and posed some time ago. Both cygwin and mingw is still using gcc3.4.x, so it shouldn't be necessary.

It is needed for gcc 3.4.x on MinGW. GCC 3.3.x works just fine.

Paul -

[snip]

I get the impression that QEMU is not really being tested on the Win32/GCC platform, so the team (is there a "team" or is it really just Fabrice?) may not be aware that support is still lacking for that platform.

[snip]

I think this is false impression. I'm testing the Win32 version frequently and if any compilation problem arises I try to send the patches back (though I've been lacking in that lately) ...

- Filip