qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch Submission] QEMU with GCC/Win32

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch Submission] QEMU with GCC/Win32
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:28:19 +0200

First rule of (efficient) engineering: <<if it is not broken,
do not try to fix it>>

for the record: gcc-3.3-x is *fine* and *most* stable,
not just on windows. It's still my reference compiler
even for linux kernels.

Why do you feel it's necessary to upgrade? Because
gcc people do? There's *no* speed improvement, as
far as I can see (well, it crashes faster :))
This is not a C++ based project.

Now that for the first time on win XP hosts we get
decent speed, unless patches are really a must, I do
not intend personnally to upgrade at every snapshot
my current version of qemu.

And testing does not mean using the latest only.
We're talking stability/reliability now that we have
kqemu in the picture (taking care of speed improvement).
I believe reporting each pb is a team effort. Fabrice
never reports any pb, he fixes them efficiently at his
own pace.

In short: there is a team out there. Or this mailing list
would be dead.

Christian