qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: making a raw disk image

From: André Braga
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: making a raw disk image
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:16:42 -0300

2005/7/22, U n d e r a c h i e v e r <address@hidden>:
> Jim C. Brown <address@hidden> wrote:
> thanks -- whilst that's not exactly the answer I want
>
> oh, to bite the bullet and kills windows then?

If it's the first partition on the disk, just use dd to copy from the
beginning of the drive up to the last sector of the partition and dump
this on a file. Use that file as a raw image. The relevant part on
number of sectors will be on the MBR. For tidyness, run fdisk on that
image and delete the other partition entries.

If it's not... Then I'm out of ideas :)