qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] news on the OS X cocoa port

From: René Korthaus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] news on the OS X cocoa port
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:00:12 +0200

Am 21.07.2005 um 14:33 schrieb Mike Kronenberg:

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

I just looked at the screenshots, and if you don't mind, I want to
offer few suggestions for your GUI:

1. RAM size - how about adding up/down arrows (in addition to what you
have right now) to increase RAM?

Good Idea. How should they id/decrement the value? One by one or doubling the Value?

2. Instead of Radio buttons in the Floppy/CDROM/Hard drive, I would
suggest to replace it with Check Boxes, so the ones that are not
needed by the user, will be grayed out until the check boxes will be
marked.

I look into that. Have You an Idea how we could optimize the choosing of cd-rom and cd-rom-image.

3. I would also suggest to add a "Boot from" pull down menu - to
select from which device to boot (useful for CD installation etc..)

On the list.

Thanks,
Hetz

Thanks.

[snip]

I'd like to keep the Panel as easy as possible, so "normal" Users won't be destracted by to much options. Probably I'm gonna ad '-localtime', '-smb', and '-user-net'/'-dummy- net', since I activate them by default.

I'm thinking of a new way to store the images and saved VMs, too.
Maybe we could make something like vpc: A package with the config, disk-images and saved VMs, located in ~/Documents/QEMU PCs/

any Ideas?

That is what I was also thinking about for some time, but first we should then agree on an universal way of saving configurations (this was already been touched by the list some time ago, couldnt find the mails by now). As I am pretty much satisfied with saving the data in an xml file, I would suggest this way, but we shouldnt only focus on Mac OS X part, but also on other platforms.

I really like the idea of sharing Qemu VirtualMachines with others including configs, vm states a.s.o. over several platforms. That would also mainly feature the idea of the FreeOSZoo.

Greets. cordney*

Mike