qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] quick gtk2.c update

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] quick gtk2.c update
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:59:11 -0400

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 08:13:55PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> > If that one doesn't work, try this one. (The only different is that I
> > include
> > <gdk/win32/gdkwin32.h> instead of <gdk/gdkwin32.h>)
>
> > I also attach a gdkprivate-win32.h in case yours is missing (google seems
>
> I'm not getting any errors about that.  But maybe the build isn't getting
> that far.  I'll go ahead and drop it into the qemu directory just in case.

If you are not getting any errors about it, then you don't need it.

Dropping it into the qemu directory probably wouldn't help at all. Shouldn't
mess anything up, though.

> Okay... In gdk_set_window_pointer.c, you include
> #include <gdk/win32/gdkwin32.h>
>
> For my mingw / msys enviornment, that should be
> #include <gdk/gdkwin32.h>
>
> Fixing that, I do get a sucessful build.

Ok. I've seen it done both ways so I wasn't sure which was correct for
current GTK-win32.

> However, it doesn't run.
>
> Qemu, as usual, doesn't print out anything that could possibly be of any use
> to somebody having trouble.
>
> So, I dropped down to the command line and ran it again.
>
> This time I got a number of Windows errors saying it couldn't find the
> proper gtk etc. libraries.
>
> So I copied about 6 meg of library files to my qemu test directory.

Strange. I'm not too familiar with the Windows equivulent of LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I did find a GTK Windows tutorial at http://wolfpack.twu.net/docs/gtkwin32/,
but that says to install the dlls to the System folder.

> This time it stopped complaining, but after a couple seconds, a Windows box
> poped up saying an error occured and that it was shutting qemu down.
>
> I don't have any further information to give you.  Sorry.

I could make a modified gtk2.c which would printf() more debugging information.
One that would print out enough information to tell me exactly which part of the
code was causing the error and what the error was.

If you are willing to help me do the debugging, I'll email you the modified code
as well as detailed instructions and wait back for the results. This will have
a slightly higher time commitment though.

Thanks for helping me get this far.