qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Emulation problem with Embedded Visual Tool

From: Leandro Dardini
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Emulation problem with Embedded Visual Tool
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:05:27 +0200

Hi,
I find impossibile to install the "Embedded Visual Tool" from Microsoft using latest QEMU (tested 0.7 and latest snapshot) and Windows 2000.

Using QEMU+KQEMU bring an error during the first part of install, see image attached. It is in italian and following there is the translation:
"Sottosistema Windows a 16 bit" -> "16 bit Windows Subsystem"
"La CPU NTVDM ha riscontrato una exception non gestita" -> "CPU NTVDM encounters an unsupported exception" "Scegliere chiudi per terminare l'applicazione" -> "Choose Close to terminate the application".

Dropping the KQEMU kernel module and performing again the installation with pure software emulation, emulation is better and only when installing SDK there is a problem during "Updating Registry", when the installation rollbacks.

Trying to install the same Win2000 and the same "Embedded Visual Tool" on a real hardware, give no problem and installation went smooth.

"Embedded Visual Tool" is available for free from Microsoft at the followin url:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f663bf48-31ee-4cbe-aac5-0affd5fb27dd&displaylang=en

I hope someone can investigate this issue.

Leandro

PNG image