qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: request : qemu-smp as target

From: Joe Batt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: request : qemu-smp as target
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 11:55:12 -0500

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 14:16 +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> 2) The first implementation would use a cycle counter to schedule
> between CPUs. Is it interesting to go further and to use a host thread
> for each guest CPU at the expense of more locking overhead ?

What inter processor synchronization issues are there?  Could you take
this a step further and use processes on different machines for each
processor? (There are many shared memory implementations to choose
from.)  I have ignorantly implemented an SH2 emulator, but have zero
understanding of an SMP system.  Are there so many resources shared
between the CPUs to make this a ridiculous proposition?

It could make for a interesting distributed single image system.

--
Joe Batt <address@hidden>