qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] user networking - win xp quest, amd64 linux host

From: Leonardo E. Reiter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] user networking - win xp quest, amd64 linux host
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 11:50:09 -0400

Adrian,

we will be working on this shortly. In the meantime, where I would start is by putting a breakpoint in udp_input() in the file slirp/udp.c, and following the flow until it calls bootp_input(). If it gets that far, it means it's probably decoding the UDP packet correctly and detects it as a DHCP/BOOTP request. You might want to also study slirp/ip.h and slirp/udp.h to make sure all the values are represented in the correct bit length.

- Leo Reiter

P.S. we also noticed the same problem on the IBM iSeries PowerPC host (which is the "new" AS/400 running Linux), so perhaps it is indeed something to do specifically with 64-bit hosts. But again, this is just a guess, until we can debug and pinpoint the issue.

Adrian Smarzewski wrote:
If you need some help... I'm a programmer and I have amd64 machine.
I don't know anything about user-network code and don't have a lot
of time but It's important for me to have a qemu networking. Just write
me what to do.

Any success with qemu networking on amd64 host? Somebody?

--
Leonardo E. Reiter
Vice President of Product Development, CTO

Win4Lin, Inc.
Virtual Computing from Desktop to Data Center
Main: +1 512 339 7979
Fax: +1 512 532 6501
http://www.win4lin.com