qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU CVS, X-Code 2.0 and Tiger

From: Daniel Egger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU CVS, X-Code 2.0 and Tiger
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 11:53:04 +0200

On 05.05.2005, at 10:09, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:

switch to gcc-3.3... It is still included with in the package. Or use Daniel Egger solution (seems to work only for i386-softmmu):

I just wanted to mention to those of you trying to compile Qemu
on Darwin with the latest gcc snapshots that you need to supply
the -fno-tree-ch flag for the compilation of op.c at
certain optimization levels for dyngen to work[1]. Performance
of i386-softemu qemu is quite descent, and the resulting code
is smaller than with the native gcc 3.3 but the ppc emu doesn't
compile.

In fact I've just verified that -fno-tree-ch still does the trick
with the Tiger gcc 4.0.

I still don't care about the other emus (and also have no chance
to test them) so it might work but no guarantees from my side. ;)

Servus,
      Daniel