qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RE: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 25, Issue 38

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RE: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 25, Issue 38
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 2:48:56 -0400

"William barath" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've tried recently to build both qvm86 and kqemu kernel modules with
> identical results...
>
> Instead of building the module, it builds ALL other kernel modules.  Luckily
> this only takes a few minutes on the second and third attempt!

don't know anything about the qvm86 module, but the kqemu
module is supposed to be dropped into the qemu source
directory as a subdirectory called kqemu.  You rerun
configure with the kqemu parameter and it should build.
the only thing you have to do with the install after it
is to do a modprobe kqemu. You an see if it worked if
there's something in /var/adm/messages about the kqemu
module being activated.

Sounds like you put the kqemu module in the wrong
directory.

> I'm using SuSE 9.1 FTP edition with the stock kernel "2.6.4-52-default", and
> today's CVS of both qemu and qvm86, as well as the kqemu plugin tarball from
> Fabrice's site.

I was using Sun's Java Desktop system, with a kernel
rev near what you have and it just worked (well, once
I modprobe'd the module)

I don't think you need to install a new kernel.  Just
put the kqemu module in your source directory for
qemu and reconfigure-make-install

Ben