qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] suggestion for /dev/kqemu?

From: Damien Mascord
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] suggestion for /dev/kqemu?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:54:31 +0800

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to look for a solution for the following problem which
> happend either on the latest Redhat Enterprise and in Fedora Core 3
> and above:
>
> Since every time that the machine is being rebooted, it creates
> devices in /dev/ according to what it being asked by /etc/udev..
>
> Does anyone know what should I put (and where) in /etc/udev so that
> I'll have /dev/kqemu every time I boot? I know I can do it with a
> simple line which can be added to /etc/rc.d/rc.local or something, but
> I want some "standard" way to do that..
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Hetz

Hi Hetz,

Sorry to point you to a tutorial, but this one is quite detailed:
http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php

>From what I can gather (since I don't use udev), the following should
work for kqemu...

# udevinfo -q path -n /dev/kqemu # which should return something like:
/class/kernel/module/xxx

# udevinfo -a -p /class/kernel/module/xxx

>From that output, you should be able to create a line similar to:

BUS="kernel", SYSFS{serial}="L72010011070626380", NAME="%k"

This may be totally off base, so let me know how it goes :)

Cheers,

Damien