qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ia64-enablement patch

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ia64-enablement patch
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 00:22:12 +0200

David Mosberger wrote:
The patch below makes qemu work on ia64 linux.  Most of the patch is
straight-forward, but there are perhaps some controversial bits and
pieces (in particular the linux-user/syscall.c changes need
consideration).  I'm mostly throwing this out there to get some
reactions.  If it looks generally OK, I can split it up into separate
pieces (generic cleanups & bug fixes, syscall-cleanup, ia64-specific
stuff).

I haven't done a huge amount of testing.  i386-softmmu/qemu boots the
minimal linux.img fine and Mandrake/x86 seems to be booting too.
i386-user/qemu runs basic x86 binaries such as "ls" and "nvi" fine,
but more complex stuff fails possibly because of lack of futex.  I
wasn't able to test any other target architectures for lack of images
(the only non-x86 image I found was for PPC and for some reason
ppc-softmmu/qemu didn't get built for me.

Enjoy,

        --david

I applied most of your patch, except in linux-user/syscall.c. You should make the minimum amount of changes in this file.

Fabrice.