qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] A shell script to bring the qemu window to the front in KDE

From: Ryan Rempel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] A shell script to bring the qemu window to the front in KDE?
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:54:38 -0500

I'm writing a little wrapper-style shell script to start qemu up with
the appropriate parameters for my setup -- the idea would be to insert
this into a KDE menu. One thing I'd like the wrapper to do is figure
out whether qemu is currently running, and if so, simply bring its
window to the front (rather than launching a second instance -- which
is kind of impressive in its own way, but ...).

Figuring out whether qemu is currently running isn't that hard, but
I'm having trouble figuring out how to bring its window to the front.
I guess this may really be a KDE question or an X Window question, or
an SDL question, but I figured I'd ask here, as someone must have
solved it before (I hope).

I hunted around a little for answers, and found some stuff that
applies to "native" KDE applications (i.e. using dcop), but I didn't
find a more general X Window (or SDL) answer -- but I'm not at all
sure I was looking in the right places.