qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to stop Windows 2K?

From: Marian-Nicolae V. Ion
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to stop Windows 2K?
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:00:22 +0200

Hello,

I've managed to install Win2K as a guest OS (the host being Linux Fedora Core 3) - the install is OK, and in the end I shutdown Win2K, then I switched to the Qemu (0.6.1) monitor and typed "quit".... and then, rebooting from the hard-disk image (qcow format) I have "Err. lecture disque" (error reading disk - in French). Is there something that could be done? (rebooting again from
the CD-ROM then trying to recover the installation does not seem to work).

BTW how could I use the accelerated module? I have compiled it, I have created the device /dev/kqemu .... but it seems that nobody uses it! Even when I load the kqemu.ko by hand it seems that no application uses it (and Qemu is as slow as when not loading the module)!

Regards,

Marian Ion