qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] kqemu port to FreeBSD 5.x + qemu patch

From: Pierre Beyssac
Subject: [Qemu-devel] kqemu port to FreeBSD 5.x + qemu patch
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:29:36 +0100

Hello,

I have written a kqemu wrapper for FreeBSD 5.x (attached). It seems
to work (I've had no crash at all) but it's alpha quality and it
currently lacks working kqemu_free_page() and kqemu_vfree() hooks
(which were never called by kqemu-mid-i386.o in my tests).

I would be interested in any comments. It's substantially different
from the code posted here by Antony T Curtis.

I have also attached a patch to qemu/osdep.c to replace the mmaped
"swap" file with a MAP_ANON area; using a file is unnecessary under
FreeBSD; perhaps it's been done this way due to Linux peculiarities,
but I don't see why. The patch doesn't help performance noticeably
but it saves some precious disk or ramdisk space.